If you are interested in the following position and your academic qualifications, core experience, and capabilities are an excellent fit for the role, please email your cv and an application letter telling us why you are an ideal fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application window will close on Monday, the 26th of June 2022.
|Job Title:||Web Developer|
|Reports To:||Information, Communication & Technology Manager|
|Interfaces With:||Social Media Content Developer, Editor, Graphic Designer, Digital Media Technician, System Developer, Security System Engineer|
|Mode Of Work:||Full Time; Hybrid|
|Position Purpose:||The Web Developer is responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout, construction daily maintenance, and continuous functioning of the CGCC’s websites/webpages, building the websites from concept to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and function to construction.|
| Role Responsibilities & Accountabilities |
• Website Design & Build: Plans, creates, and codes internet sites and web pages, combining text with sounds, pictures, graphics and video clips in line established design guidelines, standards, and best practices. Creates website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices. Works with team members to develop site content, interface design, multimedia, and architecture of websites that focus on the needs of CGCC
• Coding: Writes/reads well-designed, testable efficient, custom code; updates using best software development practices; develops custom database driven websites to meet the needs of CGCC. Develops code that maximizes readability, scalability, maintainability, and modularity/reusability.
• Software Documentation: Creates and maintains software documentation.
• Search Engine Optimization: Ensure that contents are appropriately titled and tagged for search optimization.
• Website Design Testing and Debugging: Tests websites for ease of use, speed, and other quality factors; Debugs errors, troubleshoots issues, and performs routine performance optimizations. Executes testing routines and identifies, tests, and debugs web application issues across multiple browsers.
• User Experience Management: Tests UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages. Translates UI/UX or visual ideas into prototypes, establishing outstanding interactions from designs; constructs reusable content modules ensuring code maintainability. Analyzes user feedback and activity and iterating to enhance user experience
• Website Quality Management & Maintenance: Ensures all CGCC websites are accessible across many platforms, including laptops and smartphones; maintaining the appearance of websites and applying content standards. Maintains, develops, and implements enhancements to the current CGCC’s web site, and conducts regular site reviews to ensure proper functionality including scalability, maximum speed and the best user experience.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Manager.
|Key Performance Indicators |
• Quality: Re-do/Re-work counts in one requirement; Number of Bugs reported during the Test
• Efficiency: Number of critical issues solved
• Operating Efficiency: Turnaround Time to implement / Complete Initiatives/Targeted Time)
• Internal Customer Satisfaction Levels: As measured by Percentage of Number of Unresolved Issues, Disruptions or Complaints per period
• Cost Effectiveness: Cost effectiveness of solutions deployed as measured by achievement of targeted outcomes
|Minimum Educational & Professional Requirements |
• A Bachelor’s degree in design, Fine Arts, Development or Computer Science from an accredited University
Three years demonstrable web design, development, and implementation experience
|Key Competency Requirements |
• Demonstrated success in building, testing, and consulting on responsive websites
• Development experience working within an existing code base and writing code from scratch
• Professional experience with large customer-facing websites
• Proficient in programming languages such as HTML/XHTML, CSS3, etc..
• Knowledge of DOM, AJAX, and JSON
• Experience with cross-browser and cross-platform development (Firefox/Safari, Windows/Mac/Tablet)
• In-depth knowledge of cross-browser GUI development to support both, HTML4 and HTML5, browser environments
• Experience in technologies such as different content management systems (CMS) and Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP coding)
• Strong attention to detail
|Our Core Values: We Demonstrate Compassion, Engage Intelligently, Lead with Influence, are Accurate in Judgement & Act Responsibly|
|Our Organizational Competencies: We Build Community and Trust and Collaborate Effectively to Deliver Impact and Stay Relevant. We are Adept at Issue Identification & Resolution and Have a Governance Mindset|